85% of your success is due to your ability to communicate
By becoming a better speaker you can enhance your reputation and open up countless opportunities.
It’s no coincidence that people who write well do well. Writing well is one of the best ways to advance your career.
The secret of all great success and achievement.
Your success depends on good communication.
One Day Workshop: R9,200
Half Day Workshop: R4,600
2 Hour Workshop over 6 weeks: R3,000 (per session)
Consulting: R1,000 (1hr)
One-to-One Coaching: R800 (1hr)
With over 25 years of experience working in top London advertising agencies, James has given talks all over the world — from London to Cape Town and New York to Hong Kong.
The Confidence Doctor • Author, the ‘How To’ series
Professional Speaker • Trainer • Coach
Overview of training programs
How to speak well
Develops effective public speaking and presentation skills for business, sales and selling, training, teaching, lecturing and generally feeling comfortable speaking to a group of people.
This ‘Learn by Doing’ program helps develop confidence and the capability to give good presentations and stand up in front of an audience and speak well.
• Overcome fear of public speaking and presenting
• Build self-confidence and control
• Gain tips for presentations and public speaking
• Gain tips for using visuals aids in presentations
• Learn how to prepare and create presentations
• Deliver presentations successfully
How to write well
Offers practical writing skills that can be used for everyday business communications and report writing.
It’s aimed at providing the learner with the tools to write more effectively, more clearly and with clarity.
• Get to the point
• Write more effectively
• Write emails with clarity
• Use plain language
• Add power to your words
• Get people to act on what you have said
How to sell well
No matter how passionate a salesperson you may be, no matter how likable you are, if you can’t close the sale, your efforts yield nothing.
Whether you are an experienced salesperson or novice ‘How to sell well’ will help you turn prospects into customers.
• Asking open ended questions
• Finding out what the customer wants
• Building rapport
• Listening and staying in control
• Giving the customer what they want
• Learn new closing techniques
How to manage your time
You will learn how to gain control of your life — at home and at work. How to stop procrastinating, start planning and get more done. Too much to do and not enough time is a common problem people face in the workplace, this course helps you get the most out of your day.
• Develop an action plan for better use of time
• Begin implementing goals
• Demonstrate how to say ‘no‘
• Use to-do-lists
• Prioritise tasks
How to resolve conflicts
Conflict is an inevitable part of our lives but how we view it and how we deal with it can turn it from being an unpleasant experience into one where we learn and grow.
This course will help you to understand how conflict can be positive and will introduce you to tools and techniques that will assist you to effectively deal with conflict situations.
• Identify causes of conflict
• Describe how diversity and differences can be harnessed
• Demonstrate strategies that avoid escalation of conflict
• Demonstrate techniques to show empathy and rapport
• Problem solve quickly and effectively
• Negotiate a successful outcome
How to be a great leader
Your ability to build and lead a team to high performance will enable you to accelerate your career and fulfil your goals faster than ever before.
Learn how to become an effective leader by doing what other great leaders have done before you.
• Learn how to inspire, influence and motivate others
• Develop and communicate your vision
• Identify the qualities of an effective leader
• Focusing on your strengths
• Building trust and integrity
• Developing empathy
James is a credit and an asset to the Southern Africa learning and development community. I strongly recommend James as a corporate trainer and a conference speaker.Charles Cotter
James is a phenomenal people’s person. He has the ability to find common ground with various personality types and bring out the best in them.Liam Stander
James held workshops for our staff that were very well received. The knowledge he imparted was invaluable to our organisation.Lauren King
Every sloppy, confused, or poorly written message, email or document leaves the reader with a negative impression. ‘How to write well’ will be of significant benefit to everyone in business.Ian Mann